WORLD DAY FOR SAFETY AND HEALTH AT WORK CORPORATE FIRST AID CONTEST
The World day for safety and health at work is an international day that is cerebrated on 28th day of April every year.
The Directorate of Occupational Safety and Health Services (DOSHS) organizes national occupational safety and health events to sensitize employers/ occupiers, workers and their representatives on good workplace safety and health management practices.
It is a requirement under The Occupational Safety and Health Act, 2007, all workplaces to have trained First aiders and first aid requisites
Among the skills tested will be, checking for dangers at emergency scene, administration of first aid and use of bystanders among other skills.
First aid contest is acted like a real crisis, with dummy casualties to help new First Aiders learn how to cope with high pressure and in making quick decision which is required during emergencies.
DOSHS is inviting companies/ organizations all over the republic to register for the one-day event that will be held in the month of April at a venue to be communicated later.
Lunch will be provided to all participants during the competition.
1. Participants must have a valid First Aid certificates from DOSHS approved First Aid training institution.
2. Have a valid Occupational Safety and Health registration certificate
3. A team will be comprised of two members. Gender balancing is highly encouraged.
4. The competition is based on current first aid and emergency responder curriculum.
5. Medical personnel, including doctors, clinicians, and nurses are not allowed to participate in the competition.
1. The contest shall comprise of 30-minutes written examination and 7-minutes First Aid mock drill.
2. Team members are expected to participate in both.
3. A team shall register with a participation fee of 5,000/- (five thousand Kenya shillings) plus 1000/- (one thousand Kenya shillings) for each participant.
4. Organizations/companies are encouraged to register as many teams as possible.
5. All the participating teams are encouraged to come with their first aid kits and personal protective equipment (PPE)
6. Any form of cheating shall lead to automatic disqualification.
7. The contest shall be free and fair.
8. Examiners decision will be final.
C. TALLYING OF MARKS
1. Theory test: 30 questions in 30 minutes, constituting 30% of the aggregate scores.
3. Emergency drill: 7 minutes to respond and administer first aid to simulated casualties, constituting 60% of the aggregate score.
3. Rescue equipment and safety gears will also be judged, constituting up to 10% of the total scores.
Results will be announced immediately after the event
All participants will be formally invited to attend the award giving ceremony on 28th April 2023 at a venue to be determined by DOSHS
DOSHS may publish information concerning the winners to promote the Awards and to help disseminate best practice.
Deadline for application and payment is the 17th March 2023
For bookings and more details you can contact the following?:-
Dr. Peter Maliti Tel: 0722635356 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or
DOSHS Office Email: email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org
More details on World Day for Safety at Work 2023 available on World Safety Day 2023