Having First Aid skills could be the difference between a life lost and life saved. If 30% of Kenyans alone were equipped with First Aid skills, then we would be saving about 50% of the lives that we needlessly lose.
Being equipped with skills such as CPR, bleeding management and Recovery position could be very crucial.
I will be conducting Free First aid trainings at different parts of the country and will start with my village on Saturday 30th November 2019 at Deliverance Church Murunyu, Nakuru County.
The Course will cover the following:-
- Introduction to FirstAid
- Incident Management
- Communication and Delegation in an emergency
- Personal Protective Equipment(PPE).
- Initial Assessment
- Unconscious and NO Breathing(Resuscitation/CPR).
- Unconscious BUT Breathing(Recovery Position).
- Disorders of Airway and Breathing: (Hypoxia, Choking, Asthma,Hyperventilation…etc).
- Disorders of Circulation(Bleeding, Shock, Heart Disorders, Fainting).
- Poisons and Poisoning
- Burns and Scald
- Head Injuries(Concussion, Compression,Skull Fracture etc).
- Fractures and Soft tissue injuries
- Common Infections and their prevention
- Bites and Stings
- Casualty Evacuation Techniques
- How to effectively contact emergency services
- Building a culture of Safety and Wellness.
I believe through this maybe one day one of these participants will save a life and that will be a great fulfillment to me and will have served my purpose.