Ushers’ Factor – Reasons Visitors Return to Your Church.
There is a great end time revival coming and in Africa people will love God more and be committed to kingdom matters.
You will see a lot of revival meetings, crusades, conferences and tents meetings across nations.
Very big mega churches will be built and there will be manifestations of the power and glory of God.
Because this will happen, Pastors and Churches should prepare themselves to be part of this great revival that will be accompanied by signs, wonders and a lot of people flowing into these meetings.
Church Ushers are a key component in this dynamic move and so they should be well prepared and equipped to embrace the change, bearing that the congregation comes with different personalities, psychological needs and expectations.
Times are changing so fast and so Church ushers should be evolving with time. They should keep ablest with current trends, information and technology as well as people skills.
“Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.” 2 Timothy 2:15
A church usher is a person who helps ensure a smoothly running church service and who ministers to people in a variety of practical ways.
When you serve at church, you’re not “just” a volunteer. You’re given responsibilities and expectations beyond performing basic tasks.
A good usher comes prepared mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually and does his/her duty knowing that he\she is accountable to God and the priest.
“Whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as unto the Lord, and not unto men; knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.” Col. 3: 23, 24.
From my personal experience in visiting churches, church ushering ministries that have thought through their procedures and trained their church users in “how we do things” leave a tremendously positive first impression on their guests.
They make them feel respected, loved, appreciated, recognized and cared for.
The appearance of competent team and organization helps your visitors feel less anxious about how to “go with the flow” because the friendly church usher is there to guide.
Ushers should always be Alert, Awake, and Aware of the surrounding and Environment so that incase any Health, Safety or Security issue arise they are well informed and prepared to respond swiftly.
Some Of The Current Trends In Church Ushering Today:-
• Guiding the church attendees to wash their hands, sanitize, check their temperature and put on the masks well.
• Security checks at the main entrances.
• Watching around to minimize the use of mobile phones to take photos and videos during main service as this causes distractions.
• Handling cases of improper dressing.
• Supervision and assistance at the nursing room.
• Ensuring vehicles are well packed and taken care of.
• Dealing with violence inside and around the church.
• During offering session, the ushers help members use PDQ machines to swipe their cards.
• Catching people chewing gum and asking them politely to get rid of it.
• Politely asking for the removal of hats on the men and boys.
• Placing sheet covers on women who “rest in the Spirit.”
• Keeping those dancing “under the power of the Spirit” safe from stumbling into chairs or other worshippers.
• Management of Environment, Health, Safety, Security and Personal Wellness matters amongst others.
I have authored a book titled ‘THE ART OF EFFECTIVE CHURCH USHERING’ as well as a number of other publications which are useful for ushering teams empowerment.
Please click the links below to access them.